Saturday 21 February 2015

AgeUK


I support the work of AgeUK 
http://www.ageuk.org.uk/  

I emailed them as requested in the email below. 
Dear Mr Windisch,

I am writing to you as one of my local candidates to ask you to help make the UK a great place to grow older by becoming an Age Champion. 

Living longer is something to celebrate but politicians need to prepare the UK for our ageing society and support older people to live well, today and tomorrow.
I want to know that, if elected, you will ensure that people in later life: 
-    have opportunities to enjoy life and feel well
-    feel safe, comfortable and secure at home
-    have enough money 
-    can participate in society and be valued for their contribution
-    have access to quality health and care services

Please register your interest in finding out more about how to help make the UK a great place to grow older as my future MP at AgeChampions@ageuk.org.uk. Age UK will send you a tailored area profile, detailing the situation for older people in your constituency on these 5 priorities, with suggestions for how you can champion older people in the next Parliament.

Please write to me at this email address to let me know your views and confirm that you have registered your interest with Age UK.

Yours sincerely,



No comments: