Thursday, 5 May 2016
I support Sheeplands Garden Centre @HHSheeplands and ask Wokingham Council to treat them fairly #VoteGreen2016
Sheeplands Website Petition:
Local Green Party Candidate blog
Thursday, 3 March 2016
I urge you to allow cycling along the length of Broad Street. A path could be raised or otherwise marked to reduce pedestrians mingling with cyclists. Crossings could let people cross safely as with other roads, but more frequently. I have seen this do well in Europe.
Reading doesn’t have a cycle network just a series of fragments of cycling structure. Allowing cycling along the full length of Broad Street will join up more of the network.
See more here
Thursday, 18 February 2016
Saturday, 21 November 2015
Adapted from a Facebook post by Sebastian Budgen.
1) Combat the bombing and random murder of civilians with the bombing and random murder of civilians;
2) Combat the attacks on civil liberties and freedoms with attacks on civil liberties and freedoms;
3) Combat the jihadists' attempts to promote the perception of two irreconcilable and antagonistic camps - Islam and the West - with the promotion of the perception that there are two irreconcilable and antagonistic camps - namely Islam and the West;
4) Combat the jihadists' propaganda regarding the rampant Islamophobia in the West by promoting rampant Islamophobia in the West;
5) Combat the propagation of a reactionary form of political Islam by doing business deals and constructing political alliances with those states most implicated in the propagation of the most reactionary forms of political Islam.
6) Combat the perception that Western powers act like neocolonial and self-interested powers by supporting the most authoritarian, corrupt and venal states in a neocolonial and self-interested manner;
7) Combat Daesh's projection of itself as a legitimate state that is at war with the western powers by declaring that the western powers are at war with a state known as ISIS;
8) Combat Daesh's propaganda that the West is a decadent, soulless and projectless zone characterised only by its attachment to sybaritic and hedonist activities by putting forward the defence of sybaritic and hedonist activities as the characteristic feature that distinguishes the West from Daesh.
9) Combat the jihadists' claim that reformist Islamist currents are naive if they believe they can come to power through elections, by supporting a coup against a reformist Islamist president who came to power through elections;
Put like that, what could possibly go wrong?
Thursday, 13 August 2015
Sunday, 14 June 2015
Partly in honour of the Dalai Lamas 80th birthday.
The penniless peace pilgrimage comes to Reading Tuesday the 16th June on its way to Glastonbury.
I have taken part in similar walks in the past and it's a wonderful experience. To see the country in foot, with time to talk and think.
In 2007 I joined a group walking from AWE to London, they had been across all of the UK. http://footprintsforpeace.footprintsforpeace.net/