Friday 24 April 2015

Ten Questions From School Children


1.       What's your favourite place to go on holiday and why? Sunseed is an environmental and educational charity in Spain, set in a remote river valley in a semi desert. Beautiful and full of memories; I have been many times. 

2.       What do you think about the new GCSE changes? Looks like a backward step, I don't think it will help. 

3.       Why do you think it's important for young people to register to vote? It's like going out to eat, instead of ordering for yourself, you leave it for a stranger to choose for you. We are fortunate to have a choice, if you don't use it you have no say in who gets elected. 

4.       What's the most important issue that the next government needs to address? Poverty, food bank use has gone up; nearly a million people relied on them last year. Many people choosing to be warm in winter or to eat. 

5.       What’s your favourite book and why? I like hundreds of books, it's hard to name just one. Lord of the rings is an old favourite.  

6.       What are your qualifications for the job? As a campaigner to make things better for people for 10 years I have some experience. Indeed I think I can do a better job than most current MP, who just do what their party tells them. I have more experience of the real world than most politicians, having worked in construction for 20 years. I have also worked for charities, building a school in rural Tanzania, and in water treatment in South America. 

7.       How hard do you work for your campaign? I do as much as I can, but if you do too much you can burnt out. I get so any emails from voters with questions, just answering them is quite a job. 

8.       Why is it so important for you to be an MP? It's important to offer voters a choice, Greens are the only ones against austerity and fracking. 

9.       What's your favourite food? Porridge. Every Morning. 

10.   What's your favourite movie genre? Science fiction. 

11.   Are you a dog or a cat person? Neither. 

12.   What is your favourite Wokingham shop and why? I like Farm shops, but I don't really have a favourite. 


No comments: