Have you heard about POWER2010? They are a people-powered grassroots campaign who are organising for change in the UK. Over 100,000 votes were cast to decide their priorities - and the five most popular are now the basis of the campaign: the POWER Pledge.
For years the Greens have been campaigning on a wide range of issues, at last a few other parties are starting to catch up. They have a long way to go, but this is a start.
1. Introduce a proportional voting system, its fairer and helps to engage people into politics.
2. Scrap ID cards and roll back the database state. Waste of money.
3. Replace the House of Lords with an elected chamber. People should hold position based on merit not their ancestors.
4. Allow only English MPs to vote on English laws. This would be more fair.
5. Draw up a written constitution. This would stop dodgy politicians like Tony Blair slipping through their own ploys.
The Philosophy of Marx by Etienne Balibar - The Philosophy of Marx By Etienne Balibar (translated by Gregory Elliot and Chris Turner) Verso, 2017 240 pp., $38.95 Etienne Balibar notes ‘The general i...
1 day ago