Monday 24 December 2007

Euro tunnel rip off




On my recent trip to France and Spain I did some internet research before I started, looking at prices of getting my car to France. I found I could go by ferry or via the tunnel for around £40, and as the news was talking about a storm coming I thought the tunnel was safest. I didn’t want to book as I had to get around London on a Friday evening, so thought id just turn up and sort it out then. To my amazement when I showed up I was told the tunnel would cost me £161 as I hadn’t booked! It was getting late and I wanted to go so had little choice but to pay it, but never again. I keep hearing about the company that owns the tunnel loosing money, but that is no way to break even, but a way to loose all their customers.

I went by car for the first time in years as I had to carry a large solar panel for Sunseed in the south of Spain. I went their as a volunteer in 99, then back as a Eco Construction and Maintenance Coordinator, and have visited many times since as advisor and then Trustee. Its actually my 10th trip. Pictures of it can be seen at http://sunseedtrust.stumbleupon.com. Their website is at www.sunseed.org.uk

SDT videos at www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecGu33nqcVQ
the ram pump video is at www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3X6gj8Dhuo
I just put a new one of the ram pump at www.youtube.com/watch?v=37pv2CWCO3o

use one of these these:
www.SeaFrance.com
www.directferries.co.uk
www.ferrysavers.co.uk
www.ferry-to-france.co.uk
www.hoverspeed.com
www.directferries.co.uk/france.htm
www.brittany-ferries.co.uk
www.speedferries.com

don't use ripoff
www.eurotunnel.com

Others also feel ripped off by them, see:
www.totalfrance.com/france/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25089&sid=9189394e572387598bac44722203fd4e
www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?f=23&h=0&t=60042
www.legalbanter.co.uk/uk-legal-legal-issues-uk/37221-more-gner-fine-madness-9.html
www.thecaravanownersclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1486&sid=720bb6b79809f32c49b18021dfd5acb1
www.network.mag-uk.org/january_00/home.doc
http://boards.thisismoney.co.uk/tim/threadnonInd.jsp?forum=85&thread=80997
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=462839
http://travel.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/travel/article1155962.ece

2 comments:

jessica said...

Not only is sharing books a good way to save paper and become more environmentally aware, it brings people together! Sharing books is such a great thing to do to meet and talk to old friends, as well as make new friends.
==============================
ferry to france

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.