Reading Peace Group and Reading Peaceworks are organising a protest vigil against the current bombing and military attacks on Libya.
Meet up between 1 - 2 pm on Sunday 27 March at the Queen Victoria
Statue in Friar Street.
Here are just a few reasons pacifists say no to military intervention in Libya:
* It's nothing to do with human rights - the UN Security Council is not interested in the brutal repression of democracy protesters in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, and Yemen.
* There are non-violent ways of supporting the Libyan democracy protesters which would be more effective than military force.
* Only one in three Britons supports military action in Libya
* The West cannot be an honest broker in Libya given its disastrous track record on Iraq
* The war is expected to cost at least $1 billion at a time when the global economy is in deep depression and public services are being cut here in the UK.
The dice was loaded from the start (East Reading Mass Rapid Transit - Lots of residents have contacted me recently voicing their outrage at the devastating new road being proposed along the Thames riverside by the Labour-...
2 days ago