Reading Peace Group and Reading Peaceworks are organising a protest vigil against the current bombing and military attacks on Libya.
Meet up between 1 - 2 pm on Sunday 27 March at the Queen Victoria
Statue in Friar Street.
Here are just a few reasons pacifists say no to military intervention in Libya:
* It's nothing to do with human rights - the UN Security Council is not interested in the brutal repression of democracy protesters in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, and Yemen.
* There are non-violent ways of supporting the Libyan democracy protesters which would be more effective than military force.
* Only one in three Britons supports military action in Libya
* The West cannot be an honest broker in Libya given its disastrous track record on Iraq
* The war is expected to cost at least $1 billion at a time when the global economy is in deep depression and public services are being cut here in the UK.
Ecosocialist International, Cumbe of Veroes, Bolivarian Republic of Venezeuela - THE FIRST ECOSOCIALIST INTERNATIONAL WEAVING OURSELVES TO MOTHER EARTH OCTOBER 31 – NOVEMBER 3, 2017 CUMBE OF VEROES, BOLIVARIAN REPUBLIC OF VENEZUELA It h...
4 days ago