A summer of broken promises:
- Increasing VAT when Tories said they had no plans to and the Lib Dems vigorously campaigned against such a rise
- Repealing the Human Rights Act
- Protecting the Winter Fuel Allowance
- Building the Summary Care Record database of medical data
- Removing tax breaks for the computer games industry
- make it a criminal offense to possess or bring into the country illegal timber
- changes to feed in tariff
- Scrapping child benefit
- 5 year fixed term Parliaments
- giving power of NHS budgets to GPs (after promising not to reorganise the NHS)
- a referendum on the Alternative Vote (a voting system that no one party is in favour of)
- increasing fees for students (LD promises to the contrary)
Even worse is the Conservatives election promises to pay for nuclear weapons that will never be used (while saying cold war weapons will be abolished).
Elinor Ostrom’s pragmatism:4:30pm, May 29th, 2018 Bush House North East Wing, Kings College, University of London - ‘He was, indeed, in the habit of always comparing what he heard or read with an already familiar canon, and felt his admiration quicken if he could detect ...
1 week ago