On Saturday Alder Bridge Steiner school is having an open day from 10.00- 12.00.
In Reading we have Waterfest / Forbury Fever. And at 3pm at on the bandstand the very wonderful and excellent La Mort
Subite are playing - see http://manband.org.uk/friends/lamortsubite for
a taste of their music.
Come along and be entertained by traditional music and dance throughout the day, whilst taking in the beautifully painted narrow boats along the towpath. Also why not visit the Water Fest 'craft avenue' where you can browse among the hand-made products and visit Riverside Walk where you can visit the many charity information stands the run along the towpath.
Forbury Fever is in Forbury Gardens where you will be entertained by traditional dance and folk inspired music on the special Water Fest stage throughout the afternoon
Over the whole weekend there's the 10th annual Whiteknights Artists'
Studio Trail www.studiotrail.co.uk, and in the lovely garden of 85 Christchurch Rd (just opposite the parade of shops near the University main entrance) there is a bar serving refreshments and
raising money for Breast Cancer Care and the Berkshire Cancer Centre.
* The Ridgeline Trust who will be opening their Therapeutic Wildlife Garden to show work from Redlands and Alfred Sutton Primary Schools.
* The Fine Art Department of the University of Reading are staying open for our weekend so you can view their Final Year Degree Show.
* Music@Reading will perform their Summer Concert in the Great Hall, University of Reading on Saturday 19 June.
Winnersh Fair at Bearwood Recreation Ground and Winnersh Community Centre in Mole Road, Sindlesham, from 12.30pm to 4.30pm. Games, stalls and entertainment will be among the fun activities on offer at Winnersh Village Fete on Saturday.
And on Sunday evening at the Rising Sun at 7pm there's a concert featuring
* Andi Neate (Her voice ranges from powerhouse to wistful sweetness; her
music draws from folk, rock and jazz... and a touch of gospel.)
* Idle Words (Jazz singer and guitar accompaniment)
* Los Pajamos (The Manband's Wayne on vocals, Gordon on guitar - see
http://manband.org.uk for some of these musicians' other work).
Elinor Ostrom’s pragmatism:4:30pm, May 29th, 2018 Bush House North East Wing, Kings College, University of London - ‘He was, indeed, in the habit of always comparing what he heard or read with an already familiar canon, and felt his admiration quicken if he could detect ...
2 weeks ago