Wednesday 5 August 2009

Green Party Internal Elections

Its time for the election of the Green Party national Executive. Some positions have only a single candidate, others have none and have been reopened. The following are contested.

External Communications
Tracy Dighton-Brown is standing again. Caroline Lucas, Jenny Jones, Derek Wall & Jean Lambert are said to support her.
Two well known Green campaigners and bloggers Rupert Read and Jason Kitcat are standing as a jobshare.

I will be voting for Rupert and Jason, as I know them, and they have a lot to bring to the position.

I met Jason 10 years ago working at Sunseed; it can be a small world sometimes. I was very impressed with Rupert in the Norwich North by election, he became a candidate with little notice, and ran a very strong campaign. They represent some of the strongest of recent Green sucesses; Brighton and Norwich.



There is also a contest for Chair;
Jayne Forbes has the support of Caroline Lucas, Jenny Jones & Jean Lambert.
Rayyan Mirza Green campaigners and blogger.

Again I'm voting for Rayyan as I've known him as a blogger, and met him campaigning in Norwich recently. Jayne also sounds like a good candidate.

I like that Rayyan has given a link to Jayne on his blog, Jayne has not yet reciprocated.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Adrian, thanks for your vote - I really appreciate it. Hope you had a good time up in Norwich!

Jason Kitcat said...

Thanks Adrian, I hope it's ok that we've posted this on our site...

http://rupertjason.wordpress.com/endorsements/

See you soon,
Jason

Derek Wall said...

Hi Adrian,

There were some very very big problems with the External Comms person in post before Tracy.

I have found Tracy really excellent to work with and I would be greatly disappointed if she was to forced out of her role,

I also agree with Caroline Lucas who notes 'As we enter a General Election year, it would be very damaging to risk disrupting all the good work she has done – I hope very much she will be re-elected to GPEX.'

Red Green Nick said...

Unfortunately there has been a bit of mudslinging (not directly from any of the candidates) so looks like the Ex Coms election will be suspended.
I voted for the ther candidates, but all of them look like they can do the job - I was quite impressed with how responsive Tracy B-D was.

Red Green Nick said...

that should be other candidates!