A new poll from Populus has Greens on a high, and with the current mood against the main parties this may continue. It may lead to an increase in the number of Green MEPs, reducing them from the tarnished 3 big parties and the pointless UKIP would be a good result for the country.
Party % of vote
And this without the massive spending displayed by the other parties, billboards and advertising don't always work.
Tories £ 5,514,300
Labour £ 2,904,996
Lib Dems £ 1,492,769
UKIP £ 462,949
Green £ 21,680
I can see who gives the best value, invest now.
hattip Jim Jay
Campaign group Open Europe rated the Green Party's leader Caroline Lucas as the joint best British MEP on accountability, transparency and reform.
* In 2005, three Labour MEPs voted against obliging MEPs to produce receipts for their travel expenses.
* Nirj Deva, Conservative MEP, used an official trip to Barbados to lobby on behalf of a plastic bag company!
* Labour MEP defends European Parliament’s ‘sign in, sod off’ culture: “At least you have to turn up to claim any allowance”!
* Near the bottom is pro Iraq war Lib Dem Baroness Nicholson, good riddance
* Wooden spoon to Conservative MEP David Sumberg who ranks last among all British MEPs, and 711th out of 785 of all MEPs.
* Gold star to the Greens, who of the political parties in the UK, showed the strongest performance.
* No stars to UKIP were the worst party.
UPDATE: eagle eyed readers noticed a typo in the poll numbers, confusing the polls mentioned on the link. My apologies.
Update on fire safety in Reading following Grenfell - Following the tragic fire at Grenfell Tower Green councillor Brenda McGonigle asked for an update on fire safety in Reading at a recent council committee...
4 days ago