1. Cut waste, start by insulating your house, dont heat up the air outside.
2. Don't fly: holiday in the UK; camping, walking, cycling, surfing
3. Drive as little as necessary: cycle where possible or walk www.rideyourbike.com/driveless.html
4. Refuse excessive packaging: or return it to the shops www.totallywasted.org/
5. Reduce, Reuse then Recycle what you can: plastics, metal, glass, paper
6. Compost organic waste: build a compost heap or get a bin
7. Reduce consumption: do you really need that much STUFF?
8. Install energy efficient lightbulbs
9. Plant trees: in your garden or anywhere else you can find
10. Join an environmental, wildlife or conservation group and get active
11. Use less water: bath with a friend; don't flush after a piss; don't clean teeth with tap running
12. Install solar panels or a wind generator
13. Complain when you see wasteful behaviour: whether corporate or private
14. Write to your MP about bad government policies: like airport expansion and road building www.writetothem.com
15 Reduce meat consumption: the most wasteful and polluting way of producing food, and cruel to animals too www.wordwiz72.com/veg.html
See http://theonlygreenroom.blogspot.com/2007/10/check-list-of-things-you-can-do.html for an alternative list.
Has Reading Council missed your bin collection? - [image: Black bin landscape s] A number of people have contacted us recently with the council missing their bin collection. This is what we would advise y...
1 week ago